2016 high school graduate with a minimum grade point average of 2.5
Plan to enroll in an accredited, post-secondary institution as a full-time student for the fall and spring terms of the 2016-2017 academic year
Demonstrated academic achievement in post-secondary education through academics, extracurricular activities and financial need
[UPDATE] Identifies as Black or African-American [Male or Female]
1. Application: 2016 Chi Tau Orlando Graduate Chapter Scholarship Application.
2. Essay: A 700-750 word essay, type-written, double-spaced on the topic, “Why a College Education is Important to Me”.
3. [UPDATE]Student Biography and Picture: Include a brief autobiography including a statement of future goals. A color photo is preferred. Submit photo in jpeg format to with name included.
4. SAT/ACT Scores: A copy of SAT and/or ACT scores.
5. Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendations from high school counselor, employer, church, community agency personnel, etc. The individual should include in the letter how long they have known the applicant and in what capacity. Letters from family members will not be accepted.
6. Completed Application: The application packet must include all requested information. Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed.
7. Submission of Application: The application deadline is April 29, 2016. All application packets must be postmarked and submitted on or before April 29, 2016. Hand delivered packets by applicants to fraternity members will not be accepted. Mail completed application packets to:
The Friendship Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P. O. Box 2746
Orlando, FL 32802
Scholarship Award Process
Scholarship Award:If selected to receive a scholarship, the applicant will receive written notification. Applicants who were not selected for the scholarship will also be made aware through written notification.The decision by the Scholarship Committee is final.
Scholarship Award Program:The Scholarship will be awarded at the fraternity’s Annual Scholarship Award Luncheon Program.
Acceptance of the Scholarship:Upon enrollment in school, the student must submit an enrollment schedule issued by the Registrar’s Office as verification of enrollment. The scholarship check will be mailed directly to the student by the address provided.